The African Air and Space Law Association (AADAS) is committed to ensuring that the processing of personal data carried out on http://www.aadas.net complies with the general data protection regulations (GDPR) and the French Data Protection Act – La loi Informatique et Libertés. (“The applicable regulations”).
As data controller, AADAS, whose head office is located at 15, allée d’Andrézieux, 75015 Paris, France, is responsible for collecting and processing of your personal data in the context of our activities. The purpose of this document is to bring to your attention which of your personal data we use, to inform you of the reasons for which we use and share said data, the length of time we keep them, and the way in which you can exercise your rights.
Types of data we collect and why
We collect and use your personal data only when necessary.
1. We use your personal data to:
• respect your choice when we ask for your consent for a particular processing;
• the post online contact and request forms.
2. Depending in particular on the type of activity we carry out, we may need to collect different categories of personal data from you, in particular:
• identification information (e.g: IP address);
• contact information (e.g email address, telephone number);
• information relating to education and employment (e.g level of education, job, name of employer);
• data relating to your interactions with us (e.g: on our websites, on our pages on social networks, during physical interviews and telephone conversations, in instant chats and emails, interviews, by mail, by requests for information or documents);
• tracking data (e.g: timestamp, cookies)
Unless required by law, we never ask you for personal data relating to your racial or ethnic origins, political opinions, religion, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data or sexual orientation.
The data we use may be collected directly from you or obtained from the following sources, for the purpose of verifying our databases:
• websites / social media pages containing information that you have made public (e.g your website);
• databases made public by third parties.
Certain situations may also lead us to collect information about you even though you are not in direct contact with us. This may be the case if your employer provides us with information about you or if your contact details are provided to us by a third party, in particular if you are:
• legal representatives (agents);
• representative of a legal person (which may be a corporate member);
• a staff member of one of our service providers, partners or corporate members.
With whom do we share your data?
In order to achieve the above objectives, we disclose your personal data only to:
• service providers and subcontractors carrying out services on our behalf,
• financial, judicial or state agencies, arbitrators, mediators, public bodies upon request and within the limits of what is permitted by applicable regulations,
• certain regulated professions such as lawyers, notaries or auditors.
Depending on their respective needs, the following can be recipients of all or part of the data:
• members of the AADAS management team in charge of publishing content and technical administration of the website;
• members of the AADAS management team responsible for processing requests received via contact and request forms;
• authorized staff members of service providers.
How long do we retain your data?
We keep your personal data for the longest time necessary to comply with applicable legal and regulatory provisions or for another period taking into account operational constraints such as legal or regulatory claims.
Regarding members and volunteers, the majority of information is kept for the duration of the contractual relationship and for 5 years after the end of the contractual relationship.
Your rights over your personal data
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have various rights, namely:
• Right to access your data: you can obtain information concerning the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of this personal data.
• Right to rectify: if you believe that your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that this personal data be modified accordingly.
• Right to erasure: you can demand the erasure of your personal data to the extent permitted by law.
• Right to the restriction of processing: you can request restriction of processing of your personal data.
• Right to object: you can object to the processing of your personal data, for reasons related to your particular situation. You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data for commercial prospecting purposes, including profiling linked to this prospecting.
• Right to withdraw your consent: if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
• Right to the portability of your data, when this right is applicable, you have the right for the personal data that you have provided to us to be returned to you or, when technically possible, to transfer them to a third party.
You can exercise the rights listed above by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 15 allée d´Andrézieux, 75018 Paris, France. Please include a scan or photocopy of your national ID card, for identification purposes.
In accordance with applicable regulations, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in particular with the French personal data authority, la Commission nationale de l’informatique et des libertés (CNIL).
If you have any questions regarding the use of your personal data as covered by this document, you can contact us by mail at email@example.com to have your request processed.
We invite you to keep up with the latest version of this document on our site and we will inform you of any substantial modification through our site or through our usual means of communication.