Arlette TANGA, President
The need for a collaborative platform of skills and expertise in African air and space law
The African Air and Space Law Association (or “AADAS” in French) is a non-profit association that connects aviation and space professionals, aerospace enthusiasts and students interested in air and space law in Africa.
AADAS’ aim is to promote air and space law in Africa by raising awareness about the subject, supporting young African aerospace enthusiasts and professionals and promoting the legal education of the subject.
In achieving this, AADAS was founded on February 04, 2019 in order to establish a collaborative legal platform aimed at bringing together all the actors in the air and space industry in Africa through the pooling of skills, knowledge and talent within Africa and beyond the shores of Africa.
“To Space and Beyond With the Law!”
Promote the study of air and space law in Africa
- Raise awareness on the niche area of air and space law in Africa,
- Facilitate access to legal texts, studies and court decisions relating to air and space activities in Africa,
- Provide regular insight into legal news on air and space transport in Africa.
Promote the development of air and space law in Africa
● The creation of a networking platform for legal practitioners and non-legal practitioners to engage in the discussion and development of air and space law in Africa,
● The creation of a forum for the exchange of pertinent information across the air and space industry,
● The promotion of air and space law in Africa
● In-depth expert analysis on legal issues in air and space law in Africa,
● Bridging the gap between the research and the business community, while fostering partnerships with national, regional and international aerospace institutions.
Promote the efficient practice of air and space law in Africa
● Analyzing the different practices observed in Africa regarding the application of air & space law,
● Flagging negative practices in the aerospace industry and raising awareness on the consequences of such practices,
● Highlighting and promoting positive practices across Africa and the international community.
The Single African Air Transport Market (SAATM) is one of the flagship projects of the African Union’s Agenda 2063, and so far, 34 member states have joined the SAATM . Created in 2018 by the Assembly of Heads of State and Government during the 24th Ordinary Session of the African Union, with the aim of…
Le marché unique du transport aérien en Afrique (SAATM) est l’un des projets phares de l’Agenda 2063 de l’Union africaine. Créé en 2018 par la Conférence des chefs d’État et de gouvernement lors de la 24e session ordinaire de l’Union africaine, dans le but de mettre en œuvre la décision de Yamoussoukro (1), le SAATM…